Tuesday, February 12, 2013
A Warm Welcome
Most of you have friends from when you were a young child, say, about 5. And most of them remain life long friends, well, here's my story of meeting up with a girl I hadn't met in 9 years.
It's a rather tragic story, you see, it was the very last day of school, and I was moving after that year, and I was quite sad. I said goodbye to all my good friends, even hugged a few, then I hopped into my car and drove away, and I have to this day never seen any of them since.....but hey, it's only been a year. So I got home, and my parents informed me that we were going to meet our old friends we had met in China, they were Americans there on an foreign service assignment. And in their family, they had a daughter, Emma , and she and I would hang around each other and play with each other 8 years ago, when we were both little children. And in one event I shall always remember vividly, I put on one of her dresses, she wanted me to put it on so she what it looked like on somebody (she was going to wear it to wedding, as the flower girl). And I always have remembered her, and this event, vividly.
Now, to get back to my story, we left to go to Maryland (we lived in Washington D.C.), and we got stuck in traffic for around two hours. Then, at last, we finally made it to their apartment. I was incredibly excited to meet an old friend I had such fond memories of. So, we entered the room, and whala! There was my dear old friend Emma. I walked over to wear she was sitting and greeted her with my most warm greeting. I said hi and shook her hand, saying, "Long time no see!"And she sat. Ans stared. She didn't even say hello or respond to me. So, I thought I'd try to renew her memory. And here is what I said, "Hey! Remember me? I'm that guy you were friends with 9 years ago! Ian! The guy that put on your dress!"
This just worsened the situation, and Emma looked at me like I was a freak. And the rest of the evening, we went out for dinner, and not a single word was spoken between us. All this and it being the day I left my friends at my school served to depress me even more. And what's more, on the way home, we were stuck in traffic until 1:00 in the morning!
So, what's the moral of this story? Try to remember people from your past and keep in touch, and don't tell a girl that you wore one of her dresses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Incredibly entertaining story to tell! Yeah, it was kind of depressing in the end, but life doesn't always give a happy story. I liked the "idea" of the story, but I think the writing structure (I sound like a teacher) needs a little cleaning up. Otherwise very amusing!
ReplyDelete